FAQ - Catuc Website

Go to content

Main menu



Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ

I do not live in Bamenda. Where and how can I get the Registration form?

You can the registration forms from the following places

1. You can also download the registration form from this website at the admissions pages.
2. Bishop's House, Kumbo;
3. Bishop's House, Buea;
4. Bishop's House, Mamfe;
5. Franciscan Sisters Padre Pio Hospital Akwa Nord,Douala;
6. Sisters of St Ann, Bafoussam;
7. SENECA office, Mvolye, Yaounde.
8. and of course, CATUC office at Bamenda.

This manual process wont last longer so watch out for online application soon.

What is the closing date for admissions into CATUC?

Admissions into CATUC close officially one week after the entrance examinations into the various schools have been taken. However, after that date there may be room for late admissions.

Can I have the account number in which to pay my registration and other fees for CATUC?

CATUC presently operates accounts in three banks in the country: Union Bank of Cameroon, United Bank of Africa (UBA) and Ecobank. If you present yourself to any of the branches of these banks in the country, you will be given the account number of the Catholic University of Cameroon, Bamenda. It suffices to let the bank know that the account was opened at the Bamenda Branch. As for Registration fees, you can pay into any of the banks. Concerning tuition fees, we prefer to have all payments made in the United Bank of Africa (UBA). When you pay registration fees in any of these banks, make a photo copy of the receipt for yourself and send us the original of the receipt. When you pay tuition fees in UBA, make a photo copy of the receipt and send to us. Keep the original receipt.

I do not live in Bamenda. How do I get my registration material to the Catholic University of Cameroon, Bamenda?

You can send the required documents by post to: The Registrar, Catholic University of Cameroon, Bamenda, P.O. Box 782, Bamenda.
You can bring your registration material, in person, to CATUC,s office in Bamenda. Unfortunately we no longer accept scanned documents by email for admission and registration purposes.

I do not live in Bamenda. Will CATUC provide accommodation for students?

In due course, CATUC intends to provide hostels of residence for the students. However, presently, the Deputy Registrar for Students’ Affairs is making arrangements to provide accommodation for students who desire accommodation. Such students must express their need for accommodation at registration. Students under this scheme will pay their rents through the University.

Where can I find CATUC offices in Bamenda?

The offices are located at the far end of what was formerly the Saint Joseph's Catholic Primary School, Big Mankon, Bamenda. This is the last building on the left before the Mankon Metropolitan Cathedral.

When will the permanent site at Ndzah go operational?

Construction works will begin at the permanent site as soon as possible. It is hoped that the permanent site will be functional for the first graduation ceremony of CATUC students.

Where can I find the course content of the courses offered at CATUC?

These, like most of the other information concerning CATUC can be found at the website: catuc.org.

Is the University Institute of the Diocese of Buea (UIDB) part of CATUC?

No, the University Institute of the Diocese of Buea is a University Institute in its own right and the property of the Diocese of Buea. CATUC is the property of the bishops of the Ecclesiastical Province of Bamenda.

Back to content | Back to main menu